Re: [Nobbc] Grease gun question

To: "North Bay British Car Club" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Grease gun question
From: gtwincams@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:37:16 +0000
One trick I use is to mill or grind flats on two sides of the fitting; this
makes it possible to fit into tight driveshaft yoke spaces.
To lubricate tower trunnions on front suspensions, I use a high-pressure pump
oiler with thin rubber hose slipped onto the thin nozzle but cut off flush to
the nozzle end; this permits a good seal to the threaded hole on the trunnion
that is usually fitted with a Zerk nipple or plug. (Gear oil is correct for
trunnions - not grease.)
Cheers,
Greg Tatarian