Re: [Nobbc] Need advice

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Need advice
From: rlmossholder@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 12:23:18 +0000
Hi,
Thanks for the great advice guys. The easy-out that sheered off in the fitting
was a reverse thread screw type made by Black & Decker (probably a Chinese
special).  I also tried one of the spline types made by Snap-on. The Snap-on
tool was not effective either. The brass would just chip away. I think my only
option left will be to remove the distributor,  drill out the fitting and
re-tap the hole. Of course I will have to flush out the chips and give her an
oil change, but I think that is going to be my best option. Any further ideas
would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rich M