[Nobbc] Long-range planning for Tour!

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Nobbc] Long-range planning for Tour!
From: gtwincams <gtwincams@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:54:53 -0700
Hello members,

On the assumption that our crappy economy will be improving by next
Spring, I am hoping to generate a really nice turnout for a tour we'll
be leading to Napa. As a special treat, Trish and I will be leading a
trip that will include visiting my long-time clients and friends at
Saintsbury, a small, excellent winery in the Carneros, a registered
appellation for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Saintsbury is normally closed
on the weekends, but Dave Graves, co-owner and friend, will host us
there for tasting, relaxation, and a place to eat our lunch (bring your
own picnic) at a beautiful location with ample parking, right off of
Hwy. 121 west of 29. Dave will provide a tour of the winery for those
who are interested, and tasting will be from the barrel (!) as well as
the bottle for those who would like to partake.

See:
http://www.saintsbury.com/

I am aware that some of us are not interested in wine tasting when going
on our drives, yet some of us are (passengers, here's your chance), and
we often make stops at wineries for lunch and breaks. This will be more
personalized, since the winery will not be open to the public, and the
setting is really nice. Also, we'll figure out an interesting drive that
will combine twisty backroads and maybe a few main roads so we can let
the public see our beautiful cars as we motor on our way. And yes, I
will do my best to schedule this when no bike races are happening on our
route!

Why am I telling you all so much in advance? Well, to generate interest,
and give you time to schedule this drive and provide suggestions as to
parts of the route you'd like included (please email me directly at
gtwincams@pacbell.net . I will be extending the invitation to the Golden
Gate Lotus Club members as well, like I did for my last tech session.

Pencil this onto your calendars, folks, and stay posted as we develop
tour plans during the winter.

Cheers,
Greg Tatarian