newsletters

Here's an idea...

To: newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: Here's an idea...
From: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 09:28:19 -0500
Hi fellow newsletter editors,

Blake Discher here, of the Detroit Triumph Sportscar Club.  As we head into
the freezing winter here in the north, I got to thinking.  I have space on
my website to be able to store articles that each of us could contribute to
and then draw from when we are a bit short on content.

Here's what I'm thinking...
Submissions would in Microsoft Word format (.doc) and any images would be
hi-res .jpgs.  The articles would be emailed to me, ideally with a sentence
or two description.  I'll upload the files and images to a directory and
include the description for easy browsing.  Then whenever you needed an
article, you could go to the site, and pull whatever you need down.

It occurs to me that we are all re-inventing the same wheel each month.  I
ask other newsletter editors for articles when I need them, drop John
Macartney an email asking for one of his great essays, etc.  I'll drop John
a note to see if he would mind this arrangement for his writings as
well.  Tech articles, with pictures, are ideal candidates for this sharing
program.  Perhaps driving events with broad appeal, VTR convention (both
national and regional) recaps also would lend themselves to this sort of
arrangement.  Of course, any historical articles about Triumph and Standard
Triumph would be great.

We'd of course give credit to original authors and the club to which they
belong.  There is so much collective knowledge that we all could tap, I
think this "Article Repository" would be a great resource to both editors
and our club members.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.  Maybe this already
exists and I am not aware of it, but I have the space and the motivation to
get this rolling.

Cheers,
Blake Discher
DTSC

----
WE DID IT, we raised $11,500 for children with Hemophilia driving our
British cars, thanks!  Learn about it at http://www.mibrr.com
Play "Don't Crash the Triumph" http://www.fireflystudios.com/triumph

///
///  newsletters@autox.team.net mailing list