newsletters

Re: Editors and webmasters

To: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Subject: Re: Editors and webmasters
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:48:28 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

THe topic is whether the newsletter editor and the webmaster should be one
in the same. The answer is: it depends.

I can say (from expereience) that doing both jobs by themselves is fairly
time consuming. Make that majorly time consuming. Throwing the
responsibility to one person is a guaranteed method of assuring burnout.

My opinion - don't do it if you value these "services" and don't do it if
you like the people involved.

I've done both for my club (newletter editor since '93 and webmaster for
our "unofficial web site" since '95. I have precious little freet ime as
is, and the web site suffers as a result...

However, this could be a good opportunity to get other involved, so I'd
suggest that you keep the jobs seperate. Another sure path to burnout is
keeping the same people doing all the work over the long haul.

rml
p.s. in case you missed the point, I'm burnt out by the work and my
Triumphs languish. Pun intended.