morris

[Morris] EAST COST RALLY : Bear Mountain Microcar Fall Cruise -

To: dolphnx@aol.com
Subject: [Morris] EAST COST RALLY : Bear Mountain Microcar Fall Cruise -
From: RANDOLPH <morrisminor1000@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 01:20:28 -0400
Subject: [morris_motors] Fw: Bear Mountain Microcar Fall Cruise - Saturday 10/24

?

For those on the East Coast.......

The date for the 3rd annual microcar cruise to Bear Mountain is Saturday,
October 24th (rain date 10/25).?

This will be at the height of fall colors in the Hudson Valley.?

Similar to previous cruises this will take us primarily on the scenic and less
traveled roads of Harriman & Bear Mountain State Parks in Rockland & Orange
counties (NY).?

The route would be a little different than previous years, and route maps would
be provided to ensure we all make it through the traffic circles.?

We'll depart at 9 AM from my house in Montvale, NJ and get back between 3-4
PM.?
Before getting rained out in May, we had 16 cars committed to the drive.?

Let's try to get that many or more for this fall cruise.

So what do you need to do?
1. Send me an email letting me know if you plan on attending.? Include the type
of car (model, year) you will be driving and where you will be coming from.?
2. Let me know if you want lunch at Josh's (see details below), and for how
many.
3. Get your car ready.? No excuses here, there is plenty of time to get those
last minute items taken care of.
4. Spread the invite to all Micro & Mini car fans that you know by giving them
a call or forwarding them this email and tell them to contact me.

ROUTE INFO - We will be traveling mainly on secondary and park (Sterling Forest
, Harriman, Bear Mountain State Parks) roads.? These are ideal for our cars
with little traffic and lots of sights to see.? It always amazes me how great
these roads are within such close proximity to NYC.? The fall will bring a
exciting new dimension to the route.

LUNCH STOP - After a stop on top of Bear Mountain to take in the sights we will
head down to Fort Montgomery and go to the mountain top resort of Josh
Brewer's.? You've heard of a million dollar view?? That is what Josh has, a
panoramic view of the Hudson river, Bear Mountain, & Bear Mountain Bridge.?
Josh will making arrangements with a local deli to have lunch delivered
(wraps).? There will be a cost of approx. $8 per person.? You are welcome to
bring your own, but if you would like what is delivered, send me an email
letting me know how many lunches you require.

RAIN DATE - If the forecast for Saturday (10/24) is poor, but Sunday (10/25) is
good, I will switch dates.? I will send an email out on Wednesday (10/21)
confirming Saturday, or making the switch to Sunday.

DEPARTURE / RETURN - Coffee, bagels & rolls will be available at my house at
7:00AM.? We will depart promptly at 9:00 AM.? If you want to share stories and
kick some tires, get there early.? We should get to our last stop around 3:00
PM.? This will be a ice cream stop in Mahwah, NJ.? There is easy access to RT.
17 & I-287 from this location for those of you who would like to head out from
there.? It's about 5 miles to my house from this stop.

TRAILER INFO - If you are trailering your vehicle, you can unload in front of
my house (heading southbound), then park your trailer & tow vehicle around the
corner.? Give me a call if you have any questions.

WHAT TO BRING - Here are some suggestions; something to drink, camera,
walkie-talkies

CONTACT INFO (B. BAKER):
Bruce Baker
270 Chestnut Ridge Road