morris

Re: [Morris] STOLEN MORRIS CONVERT from San Francisco recovered!!

To: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net, morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Morris] STOLEN MORRIS CONVERT from San Francisco recovered!!
From: <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:03:42 -0700 (PDT)
Rick,

  Thanks for the update.

  It is always great news to hear some one got there car back after it was
stolen. I always wonder what happened to the car when i do not hear the end of
the story.

  A friend just found a car after over 20 years. Believe it or not - The Vin
check by the police caught the car being sold to its new owner. The police are
now following the trail back wards to see if they can find the person who took
the car in the first place.

  Thanks again for the great news and your great communications through out the
year.

  Vigil
  SoCal

rfeibusch1@earthlink.net wrote:
  Dear Readers,

This is from SF writer Adrian Brooks who had his Datsun powered Minor ragtop
stolen off the street last month:

Best,
Rick Feibusch
Venice, CA

Dear Rick,

Great news: my car was found! In Berkeley. Last night. The police called me...
at 1:30 am. (ugh)
Moreover, they arrested the thief. Isn't it great? Sucker stole my car and now
he's off to the pokey for... God knows for how long. What's the penalty for
Grand Theft Auto anyway? Five years? Ten? I haven't forgotten your admonition
and will surely have the car towed to my garage for inspection and not attempt
to drive it before it's been gone over very carefully.

You know, Rick, I feel fortunate to have had this contact with you in the past
few weeks. You are
quite a guy - I remembered that from many years ago when you edited Minor News
- so thank you and bless you for your help.

I'd be very grateful if you'd spread the word of this recovery and that the
culprit was apprehended
driving it in Berkeley, mind you! I hear he's not a kid, but adult, so this
wasn't your typical joy rider. Please thank the extended community of Morris
Minor owners and friends who proved so kind
in offering concern, attention and support on my behalf. I'll never forget
their kindness.

I'll be in touch soon. Apparently the vehicle wasn't stripped, burned or
otherwise visibly trashed.
But as that Datsun engine goes like a bat out of hell, I won't be surprised if
there's considerable
wear and tear on the engine. But my mechanic will know what's what.

On that note, I'm off to bed. Thanks again to you, and the Morris community,
for all your support.

best wishes,

Adrian
Morris@autox.team.net