morris

Report of the San Francisco Bay Area British Car Meet

To: <morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: Report of the San Francisco Bay Area British Car Meet
From: "John Quilter" <jquilter@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:17:03 -0700
Listers and Morris enthusiasts,

There were over 18 Morrises at the 27th annual Palo Alto British Car Meet.
This has
been a consistent turnout for a number of years.  The club is definitely
alive and active in the Bay Area.  This year we had all models except vans
represented, four doors, two doors, convertibles, travellers, pickups and
MMs.  There was great camaraderie with all the attendees some new owners and
some old members.   Some were new owners, like Charlie Neuman,  who's car is
under restoration and he was there to observe and study the best examples
for his very high quality restoration project.  As Bay Area rep I greeted
each attendee and I signed up four new and lapsed members for the Minor
News.  We had members from 30 years ago such as Ray Wakefield, (1953 MM
convertible), George Kelson (1957 Convertible, Chet Zimmerman, Nova and Jim
Crisp (1960 four door), Greg Langdell (1957 convertible), Glade Rassmussen
(1959  pickup), Dennis and Jana Smith (1967 traveller)  and myself (1960
convertible) among others.    Newer members included Susy Davies with a 1967
convertible.   One new member, Daniel Roberts and his wife Suzy and son Todd
were there with their beautiful British racing
green traveller and Daniel was dressed the part in a kilt.   Chris Thompson
and his friend Staci Rudig were present with their beautiful light blue
traveller done in a surfing theme.   They also participated in the drive to
the coast the day before.   Gerrard Chateauvieux was there with his brown
1967 four door and he offered his mechanical services members not wishing to
do their own work.  For the real vintage Morris followers there was Dick
Nyquist's prewar Morris Series 8 two door sedan.

All in all it was great showing for Morrises and thanks to show organizer and
Morris enthusisast extraordinaire, Rick Feibusch, we had the premier location
at the show next to the announcement and vender
area.

John F. Quilter
Bay Area Representative
Morris Minor Registry