morris

Signal Relay Box

To: "list list list" <morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: Signal Relay Box
From: "William Langdell" <w.langdell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:29:06 -0800
Dear listers:  I'm trying to troubleshoot and repair the turn signal/stop lamp
control box on my '57 Minor Convertible.  Does anyone have a drawing of what's
inside?  My manual only shows a rectangle with 8 connections.  In particular
the stop lamps don't turn on when the brake pedal is depressed.  The brake
pressure switch seems to work fine and delivers 12V to pin 5 of the box but
nothing clicks.  The turn signals and tail lights work fine.  I believe the
rear turn signals and stop lamps share the same bulb filiments which are
unbroken.  Any suggestions on how to fix this vintage piece of LUCAS
technology?  Thanks for your help.   ---Bill Langdell, Sunnyvale CA,   '57
Conv.