morris

Selling the Morris Minors

To: <nabms@yahoogroups.com>, <morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: Selling the Morris Minors
From: "The Nelsons" <nesenrik@knology.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:22:09 -0500
Our discussion started out about the Traveller that Gerard converted to
Datsun power, but ended in the decision that my wife really wants a 1991
Mercedes-Benz 350 SDL that a friend-of-a-friend is selling.  Since the car
isn't cheap, we will sell the Morrii.

We have a 1958 Traveller with very good paint and excellent wood and
interior.  Freshly rebuilt ribcase transmission and a 1098cc engine that was
rebuilt about 5000 miles ago.  I believe this car is stock except for the
remote brake fluid reservoir I installed in April.  It runs and drives great
and needs no repairs.  I have stored it outside with a car cover since about
April, 2003.  It was stored inside before that.  It has nearly new tires on
the original rims.  I have a set of powder-coated Chevy Vega Rally rims,
complete with center cap and trim rings, that go with the car.

We also are selling my wife's 1959 Morris Minor sedan, formerly known as the
Mary Kaye Minor.  This name came from the fact that the car is pink.  Denise
never liked that nickname.
Like the Traveller, the interior was installed about two years ago and
hasn't been driven much since then.  It looks new.  This car has the
Morriservice front disk brake conversion, and has 13" Chevy Vega rims and
new tires.  It has the original smooth-case transmission and a 1275cc Midget
engine.  This engine runs, but not well.  A spare Midget engine and ribcase
transmission goes with the car.  I purchased the spare intending to rebuild
the engine and swap them out.  The transmission is in very good condition
and does not need a rebuild.

Both cars are rust and dent free.  With some detailing, either car would be
worthy of showing in the driver class.  I have about $10,000 invested in the
Traveller, and about $5,000 invested in the sedan.  Photos will soon be
posted at
www.geocities.com/epoxyjock2
I'm accepting offers on these cars.  I haven't decided what my minimum
acceptable price will be, but I'll post something on the web site soon.

My last plan for the 1959 sedan was to install a Datsun A14 engine, a
5-speed transmission, and air conditioning so my wife could use it as a
daily driver.  I have all of the parts for the conversion.  If anyone wants
to pay my investment, I'll gladly swap the Datsun engine setup for the spare
Midget setup.  I need to keep an engine/transmission setup for a Locost 7
(Lotus 7 replica).

Rick Nelson