winshield support post measurement

To: morgans@autox.team.net, emog@lists.gomog.com
Subject: winshield support post measurement
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 18:09:27 -0500
I am putting back together my original SS windshield assy, and picked up
some chrome parts along the way
they are new or newly rechromed, and came with an light alloy version of
the part that attaches the bulkhead to the post.

I have a larger spacing sidepost, at least in hole spacing  originally on
my car, and will keep these, but am wondering what car these other bits
fit?

can someone please measure the distance between the screws that hold on
the winshield to the side bar/post and let me know the type and year of
the car,
and perhaps these alloy bits were on a later car?

my original show 4 inches between screw holes
the windshield has holes for 3.5 inches (measured the right side)
the side bars/posts are 3.25 and 3.5 inches between screw holes,  they
look too well done to be handmade.

dont tell me there is a difference side to side....

overall the length appears similar about 14.5 inches with a 45 taper at
one end

Thanks for any help!

Bob Bowie
1963 Morgan SS 5381