Re: Malvern Lodging

To: Jhalfdime@aol.com, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Malvern Lodging
From: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 23:21:13 -0500
Jim,

No idea what "Fairthorpes" may be. "The Abbey" is dreadful at any price
anyway. The best little hotel in the area is "The Cottage in the Wood" in
Malvern Wells, a few miles down the A449 with a spectacular view of the
Severn Valley. <http://www.theaa.com:80/hotels/1490.html> The rates
are not cheap, but definitely worth it. I sent Stu and Barbara Ross there
a couple of years ago and they were, I believe, delighted. Book a room
at the front of the main house for the best views...
  <http://www.cottageinthewood.co.uk/> The breakfasts and dinners
included in the rate are excellent.

I consider the above quite reasonable and a good "experience" when
on holiday, but should your friend's budget not allow this, try the "St. Just"
B&B in Malvern, just 1/2 mile from the MMC. This is still good value for
the budget-minded. <http://www.theaa.com/hotels/99660.html> These
people advertise in "Miscellany", the Morgan Sports Car Club monthly.

Regards,

Willie
NAS 4.0 Plus 8 (R-11953)

At 04:49 PM 11/08/2001 -0500, Jhalfdime@aol.com wrote:
>     A good friend might have the opportunity to revisit Malvern in a couple
>of weeks.  He's stayed at the Abbey in the past when the hotel has been
>"Morganed."  Unfortunately, it is full or has no rooms under 150 pounds (I
>didn't get the message real straight).  Does anyone know of reasonably priced
>lodging in the Malvern area that might be available during our (American
>colonies, south of Canada) Thanksgiving weekend?
>     Thanks in advance, Cheers & Happy Morganing,
>Plug Nichol
>
>PS He may be able to pay for food and lodging in "Fairthorpes."

///
///