Engine colors '67 4/4 Series 5 Competition?

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine colors '67 4/4 Series 5 Competition?
From: "Robin & Ron" <robinnron@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:19:03 -0400
Hi,

    I am looking for info on the correct engine colors for a '67 4/4 Series 5
Competition (1500, dual throat Weber, tubular exhaust manifold etc.).  I
wasn't going to fool with this for a while but find myself in a good position
to paint the exhaust manifold and surrounding territory.  This car has had
silver paint on the the exhaust manifold and the head and black on the block.
Is that correct original?  If not, is anyone sure what is?  Unfortunately, the
books I have on hand don't show a good shot of this engine.

Thanks much,
Ron Kerans

///
///