Dynamo (generator) pulley

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dynamo (generator) pulley
From: "virrmj" <virrmj@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:43:55 -0400
So I paid for the Moggie's success at Pocono.  I knew the remote control gear
shift was loose but close inspection of the engine bay when I got home
revealed:
* The Lotus Elan pattern engine mount had collapsed and the exhaust was
resting on the steering column.
* The plastic pulley on the dynamo had shatterred and was shreading the fan
belt which would probabley not have lasted another lap.
* The car was still loosing water and running up to 100 def Centigrade.

Has anybody out there got an old fashioned metal dynamo pulley these modern
plastic items will not take the strain of racing.  I have one but it is
missing some vanes and will run out of balance.

With the exception of the pulley and with Dave Bean's help I have fixed the
above but had to take the whole exhaust and inlet manifold off to do it.  A
150 deg F. thermostate from Bean fixed the water temp problem and everything
looks nice having sprayed the exhaust manifold (high temp paint) before it
went back.

Allways test drive after reassembley - the gear change bias has changed
subtley with a bias to first, so you need to push it towards third.

Now off to the VSCCA Hunniwell Hil Climb next week-end.

Any metal pulleys out there - Mike Virr Morgan 4/4 Series III

///
///