oil gauge repair

To: "morgan list" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil gauge repair
From: "BOB NOGUEIRA" <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 20:58:48 -0500
Alright folks, anyone ever rebuilt a Smith oil pressure gauge? My Morgan's
oil pressure gauge seems to have a very small leak, spraying a fine mist of
oil from within the housing.
I pulled off the gauge and took a look but before I start taking it apart I
thought I'd check to see if anyone has done it before me.
It's a Bourdon tube type gauge, so there aren't may places to leak. My main
question is if  anyone knows how the tube is fitted to the actual pipe
fitting on the rear of the instrument.

Bob Nogueira  ( 'Always trying to go where no man has gone before ")

///
///