Smiths Instruments

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Smiths Instruments
From: "MICHAEL VIRR" <virrmj@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:07:56 -0400
I dont know if most Moggie owners are aware of it but Smiths instruments are
being made new again by CAI Caerbont Automotive Instruments in Swansea, South
Wales, Great Britain (Wales is definitely not in England).  They are
represented over here by GB Instruments, Inc. in North Canton, Ohio Tel
888-545-9775 and have web page http://www.gbinstruments.com.

They have a very nice set of Classic range instruments in Magnolia which
exactly mirror the old Morgan individual instruments. They do not, as yet,
have the three in one dial pattern units.

I have jst fitted a new electronic rev. counter that works with the Pertronix
ignition and also a new temperature gauge (as I am planning to run without a
fan).  They look so good I have also ordered a speedometer which they will
calibrate for you - new units can go to 140 mph.

Theie agent in the East is Nisonger Instruments in Mamaroneck, NY and the
contact there is Woody on 914-381-3600.  He has been very helpful in setting
my instruments up (the instuctions for programming the rev counter are tricky)
but the instruments look great and work fine.

See how you fly in a Morgan.

Mike Virr - Morgan 4/4 off to Pocono this week-end for a work-out - will it do
140 mph on the NASCAR banking - I think not but no harm in trying.

///
///