John Sheally's photgraphs

To: "AUTOX" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: John Sheally's photgraphs
From: "kenjan" <kenjan@supanet.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:14:19 +0100
Hi Gang
A little story about John's photographs.   At the height of the controversy
over some of the unclad photographs which appeared on the back cover of the
Miscellany.  John came to the UK in 1980 for the 70th Anniversary of the
Morgan Company which was held in the grounds of the national Motor Museum,
Beaulieu.  Because I was then Chairman of the New Forest Centre (Logmog) and
also MSCC Concours Secretary Janet & I were heavily involved in the
organisation of the celebrations.

One of the events we organised was the 'Noggin' at the Sir John Barleycorn
pub.   This pub is about 12 miles from Beaulieu and also from our cottage.
(I hasten to add that the event was so well attended that there were over
450 Morgans parked all around the area, or at least that was the number
counted by a member's teenage son who then got bored with the game and gave
up counting) Typical of the breed, Morganeers drunk the pub dry by 9pm and
the licensee had to send out and borrow barrels of beer from a pub 3 miles
down the road.   He had obtained and extension to the opening hours so that
he could stay open to midnight for this one event)   Janet who was a teacher
at that time had to attend a 'Parents Evening' where all the little
Darling's parents attend to see how their child is progressing or otherwise.
She therefore would be late getting there.   It so happened that John whilst
he was at our cottage volunteered to collect her from school at 8pm in the
Prototype injection Plus 8 which he had on loan from the factory for his
visit, and bring her to the pub.

Now by 9.30 there was still no sign of Janet or John or the Plus 8.   It did
not take very long for the gossip to start that he had taken her into the
New Forest and was getting her to pose for one of HIS photographs.   When
they did arrive there was a lot of leg pulling and ribald comments being
made.   What they did not know was that Janet had been delayed by one
awkward parent.  John and Janet then dreamed up the idea that he should in
fact take a series of photographs of her in the Forest and at Beaulieu just
to prove that cynics were right.   This was a joke but it did back fire when
one of the photographs appeared in several publications.

So Janet can honestly claim that she was one of John H. Sheally II's  PIN UP
GIRLS.

Se the attached photographs which proves it without doubt.

Best regards    Ken & Janet Hill

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of April
13, 2001.gif]

///
///