Dashboard Wood

To: "morgan list" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dashboard Wood
From: "BOB NOGUEIRA" <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:49:29 -0600
I need to start on making the dashboard and interior wood trim for my Drophead
Coupe.  I've done several dashboards for my Plus 4 in the past using different
type woods and finishes all with problems.  When I used Mahogany the grain was
so porous that the varnish would never flatten out  to a smooth finish.  My
attempt at lacquer on mahogany ended with the lacquer cracking  with in a
year. Polyurethane on Walnut gave a  hobby shop finish .
Currently I using tong oil on walnut which looks good but requires re applying
a couple of coats every year.
Anyone have any suggestions for a wood and  finish which will give a nice
original look to a Drophead coupe ?

Bob

///
///