Neat side exit exhaust

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Neat side exit exhaust
From: Gukedad@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 13:18:45 EST
I was struggling with how to get a better exhaust setup on my +4. While
strolling the isles at a local Tractor Supply store, I ran across a Massey
Ferguson ( in keeping with the tractor heritage of the TR engine) exhaust,
model mf-23 made by Stanley Muffler. It is a straight muffler with a tip that
exits to the side.

On my car it exits just in front of the rear wheel or just below your ear on
my RHD car. I had to have a local muffler shop reduce the incoming neck about
1/8 " in diameter and weld on some mounting brackets. I think the total cost
was less than $50 and it really looks appropriate. I can't wait to fire it up
and see how it sounds. FYI