Re: A few more Questions

To: john manning <jlm10@freewwweb.com>
Subject: Re: A few more Questions
From: "Colin Cobb " <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:19:06 -0700
Hey John,

Boy, you really kicked into it with this one! Asking for an oil
recommendation AND gas additive info in the same e-mail!

All other things being equal, good 30 weight is the oil (Havoline, Quaker
State, etc.) you want. (Does your car have the original oil filter or has it
been adapted to a "spin on?" You will want to change the oil and filter
every year even if you don't put 2500 miles on it...)

I assume you are asking about a lead substitue gas additive? None is needed
or beneficial. Don't listen to all the bull about hardening the seats, yada,
yada, yada...

Most of the nuts and bolts are inches, some are metric, and a few are
"other" (including Whitworth). Fortunately, ALL are "vise grip..."

Best for your knockoffs is a lead hammer which is MUCH better than a rubber
job. They are readily available, even Moss will sell you one.

Reprinted manuals for the car are (perhaps I should say "have been")
available from the several parts dealers Stateside or from the UK. I'd also
suggest you pick up a copy of Fred Sisson's Morgan Bedside Reader. Also buy
yourself several other Mog books as quickly as you can... Fun reading and
you can never tell what might help.

By the bye, if it is original I think your engine is actually a TR4A.

Cheers!

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA
'65 Sunbeam Tiger, '66 Morgan Plus Four, '67 Sunbeam Alpine, '89 Alfa Romeo
Spider