Terry down yonder

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Terry down yonder
From: "Lannis" <ottoflick@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 21:46:27 -0500
Terry - Welcome to the Morgan brotherhood (although we don't wear brown
robes; we wear windblown and oilstained Izods, khakis, and Topsiders).

My '66 4/4 has a 1600 engine and a 4-speed close-ratio gearbox, which is
great for autocrossing, etc but doesn't do much for the highway.  Do you
happen to know what kind of rear end (that is, what ratio) you have in your
car, and whether the 5th gear is an "overdrive" ratio or not?  I'll bet it
cruises nice on those long, straight highways (assuming you live on the part
of the continent that has long, straight highways).  Morgans are meant for
twisties, but not all roads are twisty yet must still be travelled.....

Happy rough riding!

Lannis