Re: Morgan List

Subject: Re: Morgan List
From: Terry Dowling <tdowling@gesb.wa.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 14:41:07 +0800
I'm pretty new to the list and to Morgans and am just coming to terms
with the differences between models and terminologies. Linda was right
when she suggested to me that the car I was looking at didn't sound like
a '60 +4. That was just me getting confused between +4 and 4/4. (Now,
there's an admission!!) But I have joined 'the club' with a 1960 4/4
two-seater roadster - with 1500 Cortina engine and 5-speed box. I'm
beginning to understand why everyone enjoys the Morgans so much.

Anyway, I feel sorry for you folks who are snowbound. We, in Perth,
Western Australia, just had our hottest day for two years yesterday,
with the mercury climbing to over 105 F (41 C). A bit too hot for open
car driving in the middle of the day, but the balmy evenings are ideal.

One thing I haven't quite worked out yet is the purpose of the 'F'
switch on my dash. It doesn't seem to do anything and I can't find it in
the electrical diagram from the workshop manual. I assume it might be
for fog lamps - no longer present. The car's in for oil leak repairs so
I haven't had a good look to see what's connected on the back and where
the wires go. Any ideas?

Thanks for a great list ...and for past and future help.

Terry
'60 4/4
Perth, W Australia

Standard disclaimer:
Any recipient of this communication acknowledges that:
* the Government Employees Superannuation Board accepts no responsibility for
the contents nor the validity of this communication; and
* they do not rely on any view given unless it is properly authorised. In the
case of the Year 2000 issue, there appear to be no Y2K concerns at this time
and the GESB is operating normally.