Re: Interior Door panels

To: "Jane McDaid" <Murphys@ziplink.net>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interior Door panels
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 23:37:54 -0800
I have always preferred the original style and appearance of the interior as
it was produced by Morgan.  To achieve this we use very thin pylwood
panelling for the interior panels and cover it with one layer of cotton
"glazing" which is a very soft and thin padding which gives a soft "touch"
feel to the panel without giving a "padded" look.  We then use brass
upholstry nails which I have had nickle plated as were the originals, to
hold the panels on.   Most Morgans  for US delivery, except Dropheads,
during the 60s had vinyl  covering the  verticle panels of the interior.
Leather was used on the door threasholds, the tunnel and transmission
covers, the tops of the doors, and all portions of the seat backs and squabs
that would touch your body when sitting in the car. The standard triming for
"home market cars"  was all vinyl interiors.
    We often change the interior door panels to include door map pockets as
was standard in US delivery cars from 1966 on as this gives some additional
storage space in the interior.

Regards, Greg Solow