Re: Hot Water (not a joke). I believe it!

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot Water (not a joke). I believe it!
From: "Lannis" <ottoflick@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:52:14 -0500

Don - I once (foolishly) removed the radiator cap from a HOT car engine.
This was a car where the radiator filler neck was angled 45 degrees pointed
to the off-side of the car.   There was no steam spewing out, no water
fizzling as I took the cap off.  About 2 seconds after the cap was off, and
I was getting ready  to look to see where the water was, about 1 quart of
212F water puked up out of the filler neck and landed in a solid slug 6 feet
from the car; about 2 feet from where my 5-year-old was standing, watching
me.  Don't have to tell me twice!!!

Lannis