Re: More fuel gauge

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More fuel gauge
From: "William Eastman" <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 15:59:42 -0600
Jim makes a good point about the voltage stabilizer.  During my last
treatise a few brain cells seem to have gone out for a quick one halfway
through.  The stabilizer is there to eliminate reading variance due to
changes in system voltage.  The slow on/off works with the bimetallic
type gauge because it only heats up and cools down so fast.  This same
function on the earlier cars is performed by the constant electromagnet-
the one that pulls towards full.  Since the signal is the difference in
pull between the two magnets, the circuit is fairly immune to changes in
system voltage.

Then again, If I said this the first time,  then I am sorry for the
redundancy.  In the old days I wandered more than my thoughts but that
no longe seems to be the case.

Regards,
Bill