Early +4 Steering box

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Early +4 Steering box
From: Eric Cummins <ecummins@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 10:58:47 -0400
Folks,

I need some expert opinions on the early +4 seering box , 1959 specifically.

I am contemplating rebuilding all or part of it.

The easiest way for me to rebuild it is to replace the seal and bushing and
the peg, and possibly the rocker.

My question is do the worm and peg usually both wear at the same rate or is
it designed such that the peg wears out first ?

If they both wear out at the same rate then I would have to replace the
worm as well which leads to my second question.

How is the worm attached to the steering column ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric Cummins
1959 +4 2 Seater