Re: Panhard rod

To: jpavone@vanstar.com
Subject: Re: Panhard rod
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:40:57 -0400
I put a Panhard rod on my car because the very fat (5 1/2") Dunlops were
shaving off their insides along the outboard edge of the frame on very
hard cornering. For road use, I can't imagine that a Panhard rod does
much good. I guess --- and I'm no automotive engineer --- that locating
the rear axle more surely makes the handling more predictable and
transitions more uniform, so you're going to feel more secure about
handling. But again, I'd say mostly on the track.

I bet others who know more about suspensions have a view here. CB