Re: Side curtains

To: "Brickey, Peter" <peter.brickey@compaq.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Side curtains
From: "wms" <wms@vaxxine.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:19:17 -0400

          Hi All
           Peter
           Try Morgan , I did my own and got all the parts through my
Canadian dealer C.M.C. The prices are reasonable  . I had to fight the
rubbers into their spaces though .They come all glued up on the corners .
Very nice !  I bought original felt from Morgan , to fit the grooves that
the windows slide in but had trouble keeping them in place when the plex
was being installed.I wanted the felt to come up along side the plex in the
runners .Using the factory strips I could not get them to do this . I cut
wide strips from !/16" felt that I bought at the fabric store ,and used two
layers glued together ( about 1 1/4 " strip when ready , ran glue into the
groove , put the felt in the groove and let the window set the felt . I
then carefully trimed the felt using a light aluminum sheet to cut against
so I would not mark the plex.Be careful , don't get anything on the plastic
window . I used Lexan on my set , had them cut and had the block glued on
at the glass shop .
            The rest was cleaning of the frame , sandblasting and painting
of the supports and recovering  the bottom section . I replaced the bottom
with aluminum , padded and recovered them .End result a lot cheaper than
the $800 plus for new ones and they look very good .
                                                  Go one step farther and
have bags made to protect the glass from scratches and chafe marks .
               Cheers   Glenn Nigh               #5112      62    Plus 4
2 pl

> From: Brickey, Peter <peter.brickey@compaq.com>
> To: morgans@autox.team.net
> Subject: Side curtains
> Date: October 11, 1999 11:35 AM
>
> Hi,
>
>   I need to replace/rebuild the side curtains on my 1965 +4 roadster.
Does