Turbo Morgan

To: rossjones@earthlink.net
Subject: Turbo Morgan
From: Dave.Vodden@uk.ecitele.com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:02:50 +0100

"Ross Jones" <rossjones@earthlink.net> wrote

"Here is another stupid question...

has anyone ever attempted to turbo-charge a Morgan 4-cylinder? I had an
intercooled turbo Conquest back in 1985 that accelerated like crazy. With
the fall weather recently, it seems my Ford powered 4/4 is much more frisky
than it was over the summer. Could this have something to do with the
cooler air mixture?"

It is possible that the cooler charge has some affect, but considering the
time you have been driving your Morgan it is much more likely that you have
now become accustomed to its power band and consequently have changed your
driving style.  A good Morgan is a bit like a pair of slippers in as much
as it takes a while your feet to adjust to it!

Dave Vodden

1992 Plus 4

Hampshire UK