RE: Compression Issues

To: "'morgans@autox.team.net'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Compression Issues
From: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 08:40:02 -0700
John,
You didn't mention what compression you saw on the first stroke? Did you see
90+ or more? I also usually keep turning the engine over until the reading
stabilizes and use that as the final reading. I also find that putting oil
in the cylinders always brings up the compression, even on the high reading
cylinders. So the 150 reading with oil would probably be 160.

Anyway if you are seeing over 90 psi on the first stroke and all your
readings settle out close to 150 psi, I would say you do not have a problem.

Regards,
Phil Roettjer
67 +4
67 MGB