Re: electric fans

To: scott.barrie@CIMtegration.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electric fans
From: RCooperman@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:35:52 EDT
In a message dated 8/27/99 10:26:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
scott.barrie@CIMtegration.com writes:

<< Does anyone have any experience with the add-on electric fans made by Kool
 Klutch?

 I've only seen catalogue info but they apparently clamp directly onto the
 fins on the front of the rad (can this be wise?) and can be controlled a
 variety of ways.

 They come in a variety of sizes and, aside from the method of mounting,
 they seem ideal. I'm sure a proper bracket could be fabricated easily.

 Are there any other specific brands/models that people are having success
 with. I know Fred K. has had luck with a model of Flex-a-Lite fan but it
 seems a bit pricey.

 Cheers

 Scott Barrie
 '63 Plus Four

Scott,

I recently successfully installed a radiator mounted 9" electric pusher fan
on my '69 4/4.  Radiator itself was re-cored about six years ago.  I use a 7#
radiator cap and an overflow tank.  Helps a great deal in the heat in
traffic.  Do not know the name, but spent about $70 US on it in a speed shop.
 The speed shop was an encounter all to itself.

Richard
'69 4/4 w/1600 cc cross flow