Re: Model years

To: Hermen Pol <polmognl@wxs.nl>, Morgan List <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Model years
From: Ed Herman <edherman@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:16:40 -0400
Hermen,
    Gerry is right.  In the US it was common practice to date the car by the
date first registered.  This allowed the Dealers to keep cars in their inventory
for over a year and sell them as new.
    In 1989 the federal government said this was so unfair to the buyer, and
made the practice illegal.   My car left the plant in 1957 but was first
registered in 1958.  It is still conceded a 58 Morgan DHC.
Ed.