RE: Jet-Coating

To: "'Phil Roettjer'" <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Subject: RE: Jet-Coating
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:03:03 -0400
Phil,

This is useful information!  The exhaust manifold of my +4 has a porcelain
coating on it but this coating is chipped and I've been looking for a way to
get it fixed.  I don't know if mine is coated on the inside, but a smooth
inside of an exhaust manifold should help getting the exhaust gases out in a
hurry.  Porcelain is an insulator, though, and would not "help the heat
flow" but keep it from getting where you don't want it.  Having said that, I
would expect that the heat would simply be radiated somewhere else and that
the exhaust pipe/muffler/tail pipe would get hotter.  The heat has got to go
somewhere!

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4
Pinawa, MB