Re: Lucas coils & EI

To: Gerry.Willburn@trw.com, gomog@angelfire.com, JBlair@scn.spawar.navy.mil,
Subject: Re: Lucas coils & EI
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:21:42 EDT
I agree that "stock is..... fine" except in the case of points. Actualy,
points are fine too and have  sparked a bunch of cars for a bunch of years...
 That said- I really prefer to eliminate them. The Pertronics unit is
darn-near as cheap as a couple sets of points and I have been running the
Pertronics for years in several (many) different cars- Pete Olson even has a
unit in his JAP, with absolutely no problems. Only visable sign is two wires
running to the coil from the dist instead of one. I used to carry the old
points with me- just in case. I no longer do that- the units have proven to
be dead-reliable.
Fred Sisson