RE: A non-starter

To: "Larry Mamlet" <mamlet@dmv.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A non-starter
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 18:22:23 -0400
Hang on Larry!
You might be getting a little ahead of yourself here. I know of two things
you didn't mention that can bring on those symptoms.
1) the pinch clamp on the distributor has come loose and your timing is now
way off. Check it.
2) That the ground cable for the car is dirty, corroded, broken. Check it.

Also try running a direct ground from the battery to the engine (with a
jumper cable) - that should help see if it's a grounding problem.

I wouldn't put my money on the dynamo or the starter - I bet they are both
fine.

Regards,.

Jeff