Re: Leaking Carburettor Floats

To: carfindr@tiac.net, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leaking Carburettor Floats
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 18:04:30 EDT
Jeff - I'd be awful careful about getting the gas out of the floats.  Common
or folk wisdom as to how to "degasify" gas tanks, carb parts, fuel lines,
etc. has resulted in a lot of shrapnel and missing body parts over the years.
 Water won't do it.  Make sure you get the real story from someone who has to
pay insurance on their employees who have to work with fuel parts.

Everyone has their own "perceived threat" issues.  Riding a motorcycle or a
tin-and-plywood Morgan doesn't scare me, but I stay tense the whole time I'm
riding in an airliner - statistically that doesn't make any sense.  So
although I'm a cheap guy, and just barely holding my head above water in the
Morgan financial stratosphere, I'd spring $66 for the new floats rather than
patch and fix two 35-year old, tired, chemically etched, mechanically
fatigued potential hand grenades.

But, hey.....

                                        Lannis