Ignition switch

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition switch
From: Dick Love <slikdik@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 09:59:27 -0700
It seems like the ignition switch on our '72 4/4 4pass is heading
(gone?) south. When you engauge the starter the ignition cuts out. This
makes for some judicious starting and switching back to the ignition
only position to catch the engine while it's still turning over. A cool
anti-theft device! The switch has never been out of the dash and now it
won't stay in one position but has to be held when you turn the key. The
little lock nut type device that holds it in the dash is frozen so i
can't get the bugger out.
The concensus of all who have seen the problem so far is get a new
switch before you attempt anything else (a modified if it ain't broke
don't fix it approach). S0...........Where can I obtain said switch?
Four position starting from left: accessory, off, ignition, start.
Thanks.