Re: Kingpins/Morgan Shake?

To: stuross@nac.net, TrmpetDave@aol.com, carfindr@tiac.net,
Subject: Re: Kingpins/Morgan Shake?
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 10:07:43 EDT
In a message dated 5/29/99 9:48:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time, stuross@nac.net
writes:

<< lthough I doubt that
 you can eliminate the shaking 100%. >>

Actually, I'd be really peeved if my Morgan shook at all.  Right now, it has
a nice tight front end, about halfway worn out shocks, a Gemmer box (from a
later +8 I think....do +8s have Gemmer steering boxes?) and wide soft
autocross tires on 6 1/2" x 15" wheels, and never shakes under any
conditions.  It may bounce clean off the pavement on washboards, and clatter
and bang in the rear like it's going to knock your spine up to your neck, but
it never wiggles or shakes.  I'd hate to think that a "steering wiggle" was
normal......I hope it's not something that's inevitable in the future.  Just
like any other guy,  I already have to worry about prostate problems someday;
I don't want to have to worry about frontend shake too.

                Lannis