Re: Bent Chassis cures

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bent Chassis cures
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 11:34:11 -0400
Hi gang,
Well I have discovered (when I tried to replace my doors) that I too have
the 'kicked-up' chassis at the back on the passenger side. I have located
the crack right behind the brake drum and cleaned it all up ready to be
fish-plated. The question I have is this:
Have any of you, who have dealt with this problem discovered a 'home style'
way of bending the last two foot of chassis back into place? Obviously you
can place a jack stand under the kink, but how to I get the leverage
required - me jumping up and down on the bumper is not enough? I have a
floor jack, a scissors jack, but no long lengths of 'I' Beam - any ideas?

Regards,

Jeff