Re: Morgan wiring continued

To: "Morgans" <morgans@autox.team.net>, <LSelz@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Morgan wiring continued
From: "F Kuzyk" <fkuzyk@cgocable.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 10:26:17 -0400
Lannis,
Don't have the answer, other than to suggest that it was tradition or
perhaps a Lucas thing? It seems that other Brit cars made around the same
time as mine (mid 60's period) also didn't have any fuses for the lighting.
The people that knew this on their MGs were puzzled by this, as was I. North
American cars of the period had circuit breakers built into the headlight
switch, as well as fuses for all circuits!

After having some wiring burn up (on the turn signal circuit if I remember),
I decided it was time for an inline fuse where none were provided & proper
size fuses (replacing the 35 & 50 amp Lucas ones in the holder) for the
smallest gauge wire in the circuit. A rude awakening in Morgan wiring.

Cheers,
Fred Kuzyk
MSCCC Webmaster
Visit the Morgan Sports Car Club of Canada Web site at:
http://members.xoom.com/msccc/

For info on cigars, local cigar clubs & events, etc; visit my other web site
Holy Smokes
http://members.xoom.com/holysmokes/