Re: +8?

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: +8?
From: "William C.W. Lamb" <chip@wmsbrg.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:15:31 -0400
Volke:

That's an Audi, or better still, Auto Union Dr. Ing. et.c. Circa 1936. The
Formula car won at the Nurburgring in 1937, much to Der F=FChrer's dismay -
he was a Benzophile.

Is a neat commercial though. I wouldn't mind having the concept car (the
low slung job, silver).

>I doubt that Audi would be willing to spend the sort of money that network
>TV advertising comes to to show images of Morgans.  I've seen the same ad
>and tho I can only recognize the pre-war silver arrows (V16s?? driven by
>the likes of Rudi C.) that also appear in that ad, I'll wager that what you
>saw was some OTHER Audi (or, rather, Auto Union) model from days long gone
>by.  This doesn't mean that they didn't copy the Morgan, however (!) =20
>
>Will "who'd never own a hunnish car" Zehring

Cheers-

William "Chip" Lamb
Williamsburg Virtual News and Information, Ltd.
http://www.wmsbrg.com/
Jaguar and SAAB sites at:
http://www.jag-lovers.org/lumps/chip/
http://users.aol.com/spgone/saab/saabpage.htm