Re: Halda Speedpilot

To: vern_dj@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: Halda Speedpilot
From: John Bates <jfbjd@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 21:57:58 -0500

  Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this. Along with my 56 +4 came a
similar Halda Speedpilot. I finally located the box in which it awaits better
days and found that it also has a 7.5:1 gearbox, so if mine is correct, so is
yours. I seem to remember that when I first started rallying in the late 60's
these were in some use, although electronic units were being developed which
were more accurate. There was a book on rallying which went into their operation
pretty thoroughly, but I disremember its title. I may have a copy somewhere in
the "Archives" (more boxes), and will try to locate it. I hope this helps, and
please let me know if you find someone who can clean or repair these units. John
F. Bates