Speedometer problem

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Speedometer problem
From: jpavone@vanstar.com
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 05:46:04 -0700
I have a 59' 4/4 which was originally fitted with Ford 3 speed trans. I've
replaced that with a 4 speed Ford 2000E unit. The speedometer output from
this new trans rotates counterclockwise. Attached to the trans is an angle
drive unit which reverses the drive output to clockwise. The problem with
the speedometer is that it only works with a counterclockwise input. Is it
possible that later Morgans, those with this later type trans had different
speedometers? Can I modify the speedometer to take a clockwise input? Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

John