Re: weekend report

To: "William C.W. Lamb" <chip@wmsbrg.com>
Subject: Re: weekend report
From: Bob Tescione <mogman@rpa.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:36:55 -0400
William C.W. Lamb wrote:

> None of the other lists I belong to (so far as I know) had members go to
> the 'Glen ... did anyone see Randy Cook/Tom Cox and the SAAB 93F on the
> track? How did they do? Or do I have the wrong weekend?
>
> At 03:34 15.09.98 -0700, Fred kuzyk wrote:
> >Stuart,
> >You've answered the question as to where all the Mogs were! A smattering
> >also here, probably another smattering in Virginia, but only 4 at
> >Watkin's Glenn. I agree there is no "commie plot" and too bad that we
> >cannot clone ourselves & cars!
>
> Cheers-
>
> William "Chip" Lamb
> Williamsburg Virtual News and Information, Ltd.
> http://www.wmsbrg.com/
> Jaguar and SAAB sites at:
> http://www.jag-lovers.org/lumps/chip/
> http://users.aol.com/spgone/saab/saabpage.htm

I did see the car in the paddock area, but as I didnt watch really any
of the racing, I can't say that I saw it on the track.

Its always great to see an "old Swede" out there; I particularly happen
to like the 544 Volvos that go amazingly fast when compared to some of
the sports cars that they compete against.

With Labor Day late this year the WG vintage races were also late. The
paddock area was greatly expanded, it seemed, so there were likely more
competitors than in previous years--I heard at least 70 MGs. It didnt
seem that the parade lap for car show entrants was as crowded as in the
past, so its entirely possible/probable that the attendance was down for
the event--could also have something to do with Watkins Glen
International having their hands out for everything. $50US for a car
show entrant I thought was unreasonable.

Bob Tescione
mogman@rpa.net

Bob Tescione
mogman@rpa.net