Re: Speedometer calibration

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Speedometer calibration
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 17:22:46 -0400
At 06:05 PM 7/19/98 EDT, you wrote:

>My neighbour and I were exercising our Morgans on the highway last week
>at what seemed to me to be a legitimate speed when we came upon a
>gendarme parked on the median.  My friend slowed dramatically.
>Afterwards I asked why he had slowed when we were doing only 65.  "We
>were going close to 80" he replied. I had always thought my speedo was
>reasonably accurate.....

John,

  Are you sure that it was your speedo that was off?  Before you go nuts
trying to get your guage calibrated, take another, late model car, out
and chase it.  Instruct the driver of the late model car to signal you
with 5 fingers and then a fist at 50 mph.  Then when you wave back at
him, have him move up to 55.  Again signal you with 5 fingers flashed 2
times.  Repeat this procedure for 60 - 1 finger held horizontally and a
fist, and 65.

This will let you know that it was YOUR speed o that was off and not
the other Morgan you were chasing.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V