Re: Clean-up

To: toad <toad@storm.ca>, "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Clean-up
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 98 21:17:20 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Ahh Toad, removing  grime. Something I am well experienced in having just
cleaned the chassis and engine area.  Since my rear seal was pumping out
more oil than a North Sea well.
I used a  plastic bondo spreader to scrap off the really thick stuff .  I
followed with some Metalprep in a spray bottle. or use a  paint brush to put
it on .Metal Prep is a phosphoric acid solution use by body shops to  clean
bear metal and remove light rust. It works real well  cutting  grease and
oil. You  dilute it with water  2  to one but when I use it on paint I go to
three to one. It will dry out your hands but does not burn them as many
other acids (best to wear gloves )   Check your  soft drink label they use
it it some soft drinks . Rinse with water and you have a clean surface.
I like it better than the petroleum based solvents since there is  no fire
hazard and no odor.
It also works better than anything I have ever used for cleaning the grout
and tile around the tub.

 Bob Nogueira    " Its a Good Thing"