Re: Moss Box Rebuild

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Moss Box Rebuild
From: S Manwell <smanwell@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 13:46:35 -0500
Robert m Bowie wrote:

> Interested in good contacts for rebuild of a HR Moss Gearbox.

Robert,

Bob Couch has done Moss box rebuild tech sessions for the 3/4 Morgan
Group, so I assume he's good at these rebuilds.  A Jaguar shop familiar
with XK gearbox rebuilds should be able to do it.  If you want to tackle
it yourself, get a Jag (XK120?) manual and Fred Sisson's book.  I
rebuilt my '54's Moss box, so mere mortals can do it.

Most of the bearings are available from standard industrial bearing
distributors.  Others are available from the Morgan factory or Jaguar
vendors.

--Steve Manwell