Re:Removing the axle

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re:Removing the axle
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 97 12:17:45 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --
 Expanded recipient data:
 To:   Wildbil923@aol.com       \ America Online: (WILDBIL923)

Bill at the risk of having all others gasp in shock ....
I removed my axles as follows
1  remove the drum
 2  remove cotter pin and turn the nut out about 4 to six turns
3 with a wheel  puller ( the three leg type with a screw  shaft in the
center ) pull off the  hub assembly .  I use the type that you tighten and
hit the screw assembly with a hammer  real hard .
4. with the hub off remove the four bolts holding the seal and brake backing
plate to the housing.
5 replace the hub minus the key on the axle shaft and replace the bolt 2 or
three turns
 6 using the hub as a slide hammer drive the axle shaft out ( its really
only the bearing race which you are driving off.
Bob Nogueira