Re: Stalling problem

To: dlfreeman@ipa.net
Subject: Re: Stalling problem
From: harris_simmons@juno.com (Charles A Harris)
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 17:29:27 -0500
Dave,
I have had the same problem on two different Morgans.  On both occasions
it had to do with premium fuel that used new formulations of fuel
required here in Texas, by the Yankee gov't.
On a trip with Matilda I had filled up at a Mobil station and after a bit
she suddenly started dying as if there was fuel starvation.  Naturally, I
immediately went through the ignition system thinking that the condenser
or something was amiss, while others kept saying that something must be
awry  with the fuel pump (had installed an electric).  Finally we did
pull the filter, a metal cartridge type, and it was clogged with what
looked like melted lipstick.  The ethanol in the reformulated gas was
cleaning the lead out of the fuel tank.  The other time was with a Drop
Head and the new fuel had de laminated the diaphragm in the fuel pump.
As a thought you might check the condenser, because I have had the solder
on the wire melt.  As the wire sits in a dimple it will rest in the
indention but come loose while driving.  Best of luck, it is probably not
solvable and you should just send her to live here.
Chuck Harris
60 4/4, 66 4/4