More on Decarbonizing

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More on Decarbonizing
From: apicciotto@wccusd.k12.ca.us (Armando Picciotto)
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 20:18:31 -0700
In the 50's and early 60's, when Americans loved big, high compression
engines, you could buy off-the-shelf stuff that you poured into the
carburator to get rid of carbon build up.  I remember once hearing a
mechanic telling my dad, after pouring a can of the stuff down the
engine's throat, to take the car to the freeway and drive the hell out
of it.  It appeared to work.  Is that stuff still available?  I have not
been able to find it in the regular car parts stores.  And is this
treatment equivalent to the water one?  It sure beats the decarbonizing
process described in the owner's manual.  Does everybody do this every
15,000 miles?  If so, I better get going!

Armando Picciotto
'63 +4